Quilt of the Plains June 27th, 2020
Event may be changed or canceled dependant on COVID 19 restrictions. We reserve the right to change, cancel or modify this event for any reason at any time.
Get Involved!We are excited to announce that Quilts of the Plains will continue this year with modifications in place to help keep our community and rural healthcare system safe. We understand these changes may be difficult but have the utmost faith in our community spirit to approach them with grace.
For the 2020 year Community Information
1. We encourage the community, especially those with underlying health conditions to remain in their vehicles and drive by the display unless patronizing a local business. We will also make a video or photo slideshow of the quilts available online.
2. We encourage the community to be proactive in following all CDC, State and Local health and safety information. Including but not limited to social distancing, masks, and hand sanitation.
3. Please do not touch the quilts for the safety of our quilters as well as the volunteers that help hang them.
4. Please Shop Safe, Shop Local and help support our local businesses during these unprecedented times.
For the 2020 year Quilter’s information
1. All Quilts must be registered online or by phone.
2.Quilts will be hung in 1 of 3 ways; pairing with a local business for hanging, hanging quilts under your own power, or being paired with a volunteer. All are dependent on your comfort level.
3. There will be no quilt drop off point. Quilters will be required to arrive the morning of quilt hanging and return at closing upon removal unless paired with a business and an agreement has been made.
4. There will be no quilts displayed at the Museum this year.
5. There are no awards for the 2020 year.
They say every quilt has a story and the Quilt of the Plains story began in 2000. The outdoor quilt show brings the stories to Main Street in Wray the Saturday following Father’s Day. Antique quilts displayed indoors and periodically, we host a trunk show, or lecture from a quilting teacher. These programs are a wonderful addition.
Our event is only possible through the generosity of the quilters, sponsors, volunteers, and local businesses. The event is presented by the City of Wray, and sponsored by the Wray Chamber of Commerce Members. We cannot thank them enough.
There is no charge to enter your quilts into this one of a kind show! Quilters of all levels are encouraged to enter.
Entry Categories: (Community Judging has been removed in 2020)
- Large Quilt
- Small Quilt
- Barn Quilt
- Baby Quilt
- Antique Quilt
- Quilt Made by Youth-Under 18
- Miscellaneous Quilted Items
Prizes: (Community Judging has been removed in 2020)
Viewers Choice/Best in Show earns a prize of $100 in Chamberbucks!
Each Category above receives 1st prize of $25, 2nd prize of $10 and 3rd prize of $5 in Chamberbucks!