SMALL BUSINESS INTERIM RELIEF PROGRAM
The Yuma County Commissioners, and City Councils of Yuma County understand the challenges that small
businesses in our community are facing due to the COVID 19 pandemic. With that in mind, we have established
the Small Business Relief Program in order to provide grants of up to $5,000 to businesses located in Yuma County.
The State of Colorado has appropriated, through the Department of Local Affairs, CARES Act funding to Yuma County
to distribute to small businesses for reimbursement of business interruption costs, unbudgeted expenses, and other
COVID-19 related expenses reasonably necessary to satisfy the funds eligibility criteria. Expenses incurred during a
period that begins March 1, 2020 for necessary expenditure incurred due to the public health emergency with respect
The following is a list of examples of ineligible expenditures:
• Payroll or benefits expenses for employees whose duties are not substantially dedicated to mitigating or
responding to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
• State shared Medicaid
• Damages covered by insurance
Applications will be accepted from September 25, 2020 – October 9, 2020. Reimbursements for this program may
take up to 30 days to review, process, and issue post application receival. Interested parties should apply to the
following based upon jurisdiction:
Any business applying for this grant must meet ALL the following criteria:
• Business located within the City/ Yuma County;
• Maximum of 50 employees or less;
• As of March 1, 2020, is current on all sales, use, lodging, and occupational privilege tax payments to the County;
• Has experienced a business interruption and costs caused by required closures due to state executive order or
public health order issued in response to COVID-19.