Is your website/tour process GDPR Compliant?
No. We understand how important privacy is to all of our EU customers and are working to become GDPR compliant. We are not able to process data in any way, shape, or form from individuals inside the EU until compliance is reached. This is for your protection.
If you have friends or family within the US or outside the EU that would be willing to purchase tickets using contact information (name, email, credit card etc.) not based in a EU country on your behalf this is acceptable until the time we are compliant. However you will not receive any direct communication from our Chamber or affiliates and the Chamber will not accept any direct communication from you.
Are your tours ADA Compliant?
Yes we are ADA Compliant.
Do we have to be at the orientation on Friday or Saturday night?
YES! The orientation is mandatory. As previously mentioned, you will be briefed on the do’s and don’ts of the tour the following morning. You will also learn more about the Greater Prairie Chicken and get a chance to talk to a representative from the Colorado Division of Wildlife. The other key factor to being there is that we will let you all know what time to be at the bus the next morning. This information cannot be given out ahead of time due to weather and the sunrise. Therefore if you do not show up, you will not be allowed on the bus the next morning. The only exception that can be made is if you contact the Wray Chamber ahead of time with a logical reason as to why you can’t be there.
What happens if the weather turns bad?
We will go on the tour no matter the weather…unless it becomes too hazardous to drive out to the lek. In the tour history, we have only had to cancel 1 tour. So, the likelihood that a cancellation would happen is small…but if it does, we will let you know as far in advance as possible and you will receive a full refund.
If I cancel my reservation, will I receive a refund?
Unfortunately, we do not offer refunds for these tours. If there is an extraordinary circumstance that prevents you from coming, you will need to contact the Wray Chamber and be able to offer proof of your reason. Otherwise we will be unable to offer a refund.
Dinning & Lodging:
Dinning and Lodging can be found in our Membership Directory. Search “restaurants” and “lodging” in our Directory.
- Wear dark clothing. The birds behave better when they don’t notice you!
- Bring warm clothing. We will take the trip no matter the weather, unless traveling is too dangerous. You will be sitting still for quite some time so as not to disturb the birds. Please understand that the cold can be extreme. We recommend ski-type clothing or coveralls. Gloves & hats are also recommended.
- Please do not bring cell phones, watches, or anything that will make noise as it will disturb the birds.
- Cameras are allowed…we just ask that you make sure they do not make any loud noises. A shutter noise is ok…but some cameras play music when you turn them off and on. Make sure to turn noises like that off prior to going on the tour.
- You are allowed to bring a stand for your camera…but if you have a tri-pod you will be asked to not fully extend it. Room is VERY limited in the viewing trailer!
- Once you are in the viewing trailer, you will be there for approximately 1 ½ to 2 hours. We will then head to breakfast!
- The trailer is set up with three rows of benches. There will be seat cushions and blankets provided. You are welcome to bring extra blankets and extra cushions or a bench seat for added comfort.
- Be advised that there are no bathrooms in the viewing trailer or anywhere close to the leek! We will recommend that you limit your liquid intake prior to the viewing tour. There are bathrooms at the breakfast site immediately following the viewing.